This is user comment:

Deepa Mehta deserves recognition and appreciation for writing and directing such a strong and bold story, especially in a society where phenomena like lesbianism are seen with much taboo, and may not even be recognized at all. It's not only the story which is impressive, but the direction is equal to it. As the director and writer were the same, a very fluent harmony was found between the story and the pace of the movie. Although some would call the movie explicit in some ways, but still it had deeper meanings and messages to it, that the filmmaker is successful in conveying while you watch the movie. Another thing which is so important to mention and is so important to note in all the movies is, that everything is so commonplace while the story takes place. I have to be careful not to give out spoilers, but i was really impressed the way Mehta carried out the story, it was certainly very well executed. The realism is every thing to look forward to, which further convinces the viewer of the point Mehta is making. It's all existing in the people, who probably need more liberties. I was also impressed with Shabana Azmi, the renowned Indian actress, for taking up such a bold role. I have never seen her act before like she did in this movie,and the role had a great margin of acting. But most of all it's about accepting the challenge that this role presented. The music of the movie was awesome, with a musician as brilliant as A.R. Rahman the effect of the story and emotional struggle of Radha is even enhanced by the beautiful "Bombay Theme". But all in all, the movie is probably the best piece of film making I have ever seen from an Indian director, at least for my taste.

推荐这个市因为电影的叙事手法不同于西方和中国反映同类题材的电影,有其社会文化色彩。表现手法比较含蓄。