This week I decided to work at home since it's Chinese New Year and primary election week.

Every year, I would time it to avoid lines even though there have not been long lines in my voting station which is one block from my house.

The weather is extremely nice, sunny, windless, and just incredible, especially after the heavy rain in the past week or two.

A couple seemed to just finish their voting, walked towards me when I just closed my door. I heard them still talking about issues on the ballot. When I talked into the vote station, two ladies and one young man greeted me. I looked around, just like last year, finding no one else around.

I took me about two minutes to finish my vote and then pushed the ballot into the scanner after tearing the receipt stub for my voting record.

My two minutes, plus two minutes from everyone else who will have voted by the end of day , are making impact on how this country (US) will be run in the future, which of issues from the state, the county and the city will be passed or rejected.