This is the end part of the editor¡¯s commentary on EE Times¡¯ Oct 27, 2008 issue. I typed it for sharing because I¡¯ve being sick of this campaign for a long time. I asked the question to myself many times, ¡°Do we have to elect a president in this stupid way?¡± Although at the end, the result was what I¡¯ve been looking for, there are better ways to go.

It surprised me how many negative comments about Obama on Chinese forums on the internet before and after Nov.4. I was surprised even more that tons of Chinese articles were written to express the historical meaning of this election. We¡¯ve lost in the path to search for the ¡°center meaning¡± of every piece of paper.

====================================================

Holiday, election blues

By George Leopold

¡­¡­¡­¡­

Lastly, there is some good news. We will all be receiving an early Christmas present on Nov. 4: The end of a roughly 20-month, Odyssey-like U.S. presidential campaign. I happen to live in a ¡°swing state¡±, and am being bombarded with campaign attach advertising that surely insults the intelligence of any thinking person. Most of these ads inflict upon the viewer their unsubstantiated claims, Photoshopped images, lurid background music and sinister narrations.

Which undecided voters are being swayed by this nonsense?

There has to be a better way to elect a U.S. president without squandering hundereds of millions of dollars on political advertising that sinks to the level of the snake-oil salesman.

Don¡¯t forget to vote.