too bad that i will miss this event.....fiiiiuuuuuck, i miss NYC terribly... there is no other place on earth i would call "home"....

http://www.hotfestival.org/

ixon Place is an Obie Award winning, Off-Off Broadway New York City theater devoted exclusively to presenting original pieces of theater, dance, performance art and literature that are works in progress.

History

Dixon Place was founded in 1986 as a non-profit organization by artistic director Ellie Covan. Working through several workshop series', commissioned artists and festivals Dixon Place hosts about 400 artists annually [1].

Some notable performance artists who have done work at Dixon Place include Reno, David Cale, Holly Hughes, Frank Maya, Craig Lucas [2], Lisa Kron, John Leguizamo [3], Alva Rogers and the Blue Man Group.

The theater won Obie Award grants in 1990 and 1999. In 1999 the theater won the Edwin Booth Award for Excellence in Theater.

A centerpiece of the 18th Annual HOT! Festival, legendary performance artist Penny Arcade presents her latest autobiographical theater piece Old Queen for 9 performances beginning July 9. Opening night is July 10, and Penny will perform a 10:00 pm late show Saturday, July 11 - 25. For full details click here.

HOT! Festival congratulates Jeffery Self and Cole Escola (aka VGL Gay Boys) on the premiere of their LOGO series Jeffery and Cole Casserole. Tune in Fridays at 11:00 pm to catch the 30 Rock of downtown NYC featuring guest turns by Justin Bond, Bridget Everett, Max Steele, Erin Markety, Marti Gould Cummings, Anthony Hollock and others. Be sure to catch their latest stage show, Jeffery and Cole Make it Bigger, at HOT! Festival for 3 performances only, Thursdays at 10:00 pm beginning July 16. Click here for full details.

* Read interviews with Jeffery and Cole on OUT.com and Time Out New York.