Iggy Pop的新灵感:托克维尔!!!哈哈。

"I've said everything about myself that I care to say in life," Pop says. "Right now, I'm reading Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville. It's pretty heavy what he says about America. It could be an album."

滚石的报道:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/186756

By  Jennifer Vineyard
Jul 29, 2010 5:40 PM EDT

Considering Iggy Pop has spent most of his career half-naked, it's ironic to see the punk legend going into the shirt business. But Pop made an appearance at Barney's Co-Op in New York last night to promote his new T-shirt line Archive 1887.  "There's tons of irony," Pop tells Rolling Stone. "Especially since I made the cover of The Onion with a shopping cart, saying that I'm the only one allowed to enter supermarkets shirtless!"

Keep with rock's latest news in Random Notes.

Pop tells RS that after releasing a deluxe reissue of the Stooges classic Raw Power, he's now working on a reissue of his post-Stooges album Kill City, which hits stores on October 19th. "Kill City to me was a very good minor work," Pop says. "It was an important work. It was my indie record."

Pop also says he's considering cutting another Stooges album once the band wraps their tour on September 3rd, and that he and guitarist James Williamson are currently in demo mode. "James is already sending me new music," says Pop. "The riffs are really good. And I even did vocals for it. I try to make songs out of it, but I don't think any of it works yet."

Pop says he struggles with honoring the Stooges' contributions to punk while pushing the band forward musically. He says he's reached a compromise and that the next Stooges release may mix this new material with classic songs previously only available on bootleg. "I'm keen to respect the integrity of the group and what it stands for so I don't want to do a new album lightly," he says. "Whatever songs we do, I want them to be better."

Pop admits he's tired of writing about his own personal experiences and, after basing his last solo album on Michel Houellebecq's novel The Possibility of an Island, his plans are equally epic for the next record. "I've said everything about myself that I care to say in life," Pop says. "Right now, I'm reading Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville. It's pretty heavy what he says about America. It could be an album."

But expect the Stooges to take their time with new material once their tour wraps this summer. Pop's post-trek plans: "I'm going to pee on a tree, go in the ocean, swim nude, play with my dog."